Monday, October 21, 2013

Fear

Fear
“We have nothing to fear but fear itself”
Although it feels impossible to kick the fear,
That has bubbled inside moe for the last 15 years.
The endless thoughts of being sick,
Was a way I believed I would always live.

But now it seems I can finally see,
What this quote really is telling me.
To break the wall standing between,

Me and the uneasy acts us humans need.
To transform my fears into what I believe
To be a positive and to relieve,

The pent up stress within me.

1 comment:

  1. "endless thoughts of being sick" There's lots of fear and energy here. What kind of thoughts? How might you show instead of tell this? We all share this fear, and describing moments of fear or symptoms or even paranoid imagination would be powerful. Maybe this poem presents first anxiety in particular situations and then a new confidence in similar moments?

    ReplyDelete